Levon Mitchell



Levon fools around at the museum kunst palast
and then he gets creative


There will be a funeral service for Levon at the Nordfriedhof on December 17 at 9:30am.

Today I have been in an exceptionally sunny mood.
Telling people of how wonderful RhineBuzz is because of the very cool people we meet.
Then in a single moment, I've just learnt that Levon Mitchell passed away this morning of a heart attack.
To say I am shocked doesn't say enough and the following words are not cliched statements, they are meant from the heart for the moment RhineBuzz and Levon came into contact we all knew we would never forget him.
We met Levon online just as we were planning our launch party in the autumn of 2008 in the manic, exciting early stages of RhineBuzz. He kindly fixed Mark's, much-needed, dropped laptop via an online forum. I said invite him to the party!
Levon arrived larger than life. Very tall and hugely smiling.
He was the first guy up on the dance floor, giving fellow American, singer Pamela Falcon, a truly wild and active dance partner. When Pamela asked 'Levon, Levon from San Francisco' to join her on the floor she had no idea of what she was getting into!
We had 160 guests at our launch party, not one has forgotten Levon I'm sure. We have the rubber man on film somewhere - I'll have to dig it out.
Since then Levon has sent me numerous contacts, tips and ideas to help with RhineBuzz. His ideas never just stopped! He even tried to get Julie Andrews (one of his 2000+ facebook friends) involved in our showing of Mary Poppins last year at the Children's Film Festival!
I was delighted at the success of his Smooth Jazz Festival in southern Germany for him and we swopped stuff about a similar idea in Düsseldorf.
Levon's mind never rested. Nor did his energy to help the less fortunate amongst us.
We last saw him at the museum kunst palast a few weeks back when he took part in one of our arts sessions. Immediately he was fooling around once again, he loved to be 'on' as he told me but he also loved the session with a passion and his raving facebook posts attracted the attention of his worldwide friends. He told us about his current inventions and how I would be given one to test!


He then sent me this:  'lots of thanks to your tireless efforts here, Caroline - you just make connecting -in person- work! Love it Love it!'

Now he is gone. I can't believe it. My heart goes out to his partner Sylivia and his family and dear friends. To say he'll be missed is such a silly phrase right now. But those that knew him know exactly what I mean. We are not the wealth we seem to strive to gain, we are what people think and remember of us and just watch Levon's facebook page as it grows and grows in tributes and love.
Good bye dear Levon and thank you - you really made me smile. x


********************************


I have received moving communications from Levon's sister in the USA in response to this piece. So I then sent the family the link of the launch party and it seems they enjoyed to see their brother leaping around entertaining everyone and himself - so here's Levon for everyone